Thursday, February 28, 2013

Adoption #2

We are finally moving forward with adoption # 2. Although we have not officially applied with an agency yet we do have one selected and I will be getting our application into them in the next week or so. We have had a few personal changes since our first adoption. My husband has a new employer and I am now a stay at home mom taking care of our 3 year old daughter and our 2 year old granddaughter while my daughter works so this time around we will need to fund raise. I am preparing to do a car wash, a garage sale or two, and sell t-shirts. One of my daughter's recently got a tattoo of Africa on her wrist and I am planning on using that on our shirts, it's original and hopefully we will be able to sell a lot of them.

The process in Ethiopia has really slowed down since we brought Avreigh home.  When we submitted our dossier back in 2010 we only had to wait 5 months to receive a referral, the wait time now is expected to be up to 3 years! This time we are requesting an infant boy and we are open to speical needs. I have felt for some time that we need to be open to receiving the least of the least of these. We have been so blessed with our daughter and I cannot wait to meet our son! If there is one thing that I learned in the process of our first adoption, it is that the Lord is in the details and we can trust him to carry out His plan for our family. I am looking forward to taking this journey with Him and cannot wait to see the face of our son, Matthias.

No comments:

Post a Comment